Pay and Funding Campaign
NUT Conference agreed at Easter that, if the Government does not enter into meaningful discussions on pay, pensions and conditions, NUT and NASUWT will extend the industrial action short of strike action and start a rolling programme of strike action in schools, academies and sixth form colleges as follows:
- Strike action on 27 June in North West England;
- Further strikes in other parts of England & Wales in September and/or October;
- A national strike before Christmas.
Guidance on the action short of strike action in sixth form colleges that started on Wednesday, 3 October 2012, to find out more click here.
NUT members overwhelmingly supported the call for action following the NUT/NASUWT agreement "Protecting Teachers. Defending Education". Action short of strike action commenced on 3 October.
- NUT briefing for members – This leaflet explains the reasons for the NUT campaign and sets out the key facts.
- NUT Powerpoint – This PowerPoint and the attached notes highlight key issues in relation to pay and funding cuts in sixth form colleges, including the NUT action to defend the sector.
- Leaflet for students – This leaflet aimed at students explains why the NUT campaign against cuts in sixth form colleges is in the interests of students.
- Leaflet for parents – This leaflet aimed at parents explains why the NUT's campaign against sixth form college cuts is in the interests of students as well as teachers.
- Leaflet for MPs – This document is a message for MPs, explaining the NUT's campaign to defend the sector.
- This model customisable press release can be used to generate local publicity for our campaign.
- Draft letter for MPs - This draft letter to MPs sets out the case for the NUT's campaign.
- Pay Graph
- What a Pay Freeze is Costing You
- NUT campaign logo – 6FCs No to Cuts