Keep up the pressure - it is not the personalities but the policies that matter.
We are looking for a change of direction from the new education Secretary, Nicky Morgan.
The Coalition Government’s policies threaten the standard of education in all our schools and colleges. We know that many parents share our concerns about what the Government must do:
- Ensure every classroom has a qualified teacher
- Allow councils to open new schools where they are needed
- Make sure changes to the curriculum and exams are positive and planned
- Ensure there are enough new teachers
- Get our schools working together and fund them properly
For our members, our campaign continues. We have seen that action works but we still need to make this Government change direction:
- Remove excessive workload and pointless bureaucracy.
- End performance related pay for teachers.
- Reverse unfair pension changes.
- Ensure government/union talks are about policies rather than just their implementation.
We still have much to do and much more to win. Thanks to you, our Stand up For Education campaign is having an effect. Members are engaging with parents on street stalls, through our updated parents leaflet and through lobbying their MP. To volunteer to help with keeping up the pressure, please go here.
Year of the Curriculum materials final unit launched
For the latest modules in this popular series please go here.