Equalities News: Spring 2015
To download this bulletin, click here.
Welcome to the March issue of the Equalities’ Officers’ Bulletin.
March has two important calendar dates:
- 8 March is International Women’s Day; and
- 21 March is UN Anti-Racism Day.
International Women’s Day is a key reminder of the need to actively intervene in gender inequality. This year’s theme was ‘Equality for women is progress for all’. Click here for more information.
Please look out for the article in the latest Teacher magazine about UN Anti-Racism Day. This year join the UN Anti-Racism Day march on Saturday, 21 March, London. Click here.
Other news in this bulletin includes:
- the launch, this March, of ‘Valuing Women: Teachers Working through the Menopause’;
- dates of forthcoming equality conferences and how to apply;
- equality events in divisions/associations in the next few months and how to apply; and
- learning opportunities, including a course on ‘Supporting Teaching Assistants and SEND’ pupils in your school.