Action to defend teachers
NUT members have overwhelmingly supported the call for joint action with the NASUWT on pay and working conditions.
The successful ballot and the united approach of the two unions, representing nine out of ten teachers, provides a fantastic opportunity to put pressure on the Government, improve the working lives of teachers in school and deliver improvements for the young people they teach.
They will be able to focus on what really matters and not be diverted or overburdened by unnecessary activity.
Action short of strike action commenced on 3 October.
The latest advice and details are available below:
- A powerpoint presentation to use in meetings for representatives in England and Wales
- Guidance on action short of strike action for England, Wales and sixth form colleges
- Commentary for school leaders and governors on how the NUT action will improve education.
- FAQs for the latest answers to all your questions
- Details of reps meetings in your area