Teacher Support Network has guaranteed places in the 2010 London Marathon. Are you up for the challenge?
Training for and taking part in a run can be a fantastic way to improve your overall fitness - as well as being great fun. But if you join the Teacher Support Team, you will also have the added satisfaction of knowing that you are raising money for a good cause!
The charity also has spaces in the Edinburgh Marathon, the Hairy Haggis Relay (run around the Edinburgh Marathon course, but as a relay team of four) and the Silverstone Half Marathon.
There is an initial registration fee for each race and then a fundraising target for you to aim for. But, don’t worry if you haven’t done any fundraising before – the team at Teacher Support Network will be there to help you every step of the way.
Teacher Support Network is the independent charity that provides emotional and practical advice to training, serving and retired teachers.
Through coaching, counselling, information, money advice and financial support, the charity helps tens of thousands of teachers tackle personal and work-related issues each year.
All of our services are free and confidential and can be accessed 24/7, every day of the year. These services include:
• 24/7 free, confidential Support Line, staffed by trained advisors, 365 days a year – 08000 562 561 (England), 08000 855 088 (Wales) on 0800 564 2270 (Scotland).
• Online support from a qualified coach.
• Website, with up-to-date news, public policy information, new factsheet content, surveys and campaigns.
• Regular e-newsletter, dedicated to teacher health and wellbeing.
• Online stress test, designed to give you an indication of how you can tackle wellbeing issues that are affecting you.
• Work-life wizard, giving you an assessment of your work demands, workload and how they relate to your personality, work style and work-life balance.
• Wheel of wellbeing, designed to help you reflect on the state of your wellbeing and identify areas of your life you would like to change.
• Money management, budgeting advice and financial assistance.
How you can help other teachers
Teachers supporting other teachers – that’s what makes Teacher Support Network so special. You can help teachers in many different ways: from making a regular, tax-free donation to spreading the word about our services or even leaving a gift in your will.
If you would like to make a donation you can call 020 7697 2750. Alternatively you can visit the support pages of our website or send a cheque made payable to Teacher Support Network to:
40A Drayton Park,