What the NUT wants:
- School funding – Extra money in the system to support reform of the funding system – and more money for all schools to fund higher costs and the impact of inflation.
- Post 16 funding – Restoration of cuts already made – and real support for sixth form colleges.
- Early years funding – Support for quality early years provision and in particular for nursery schools.
- High Needs and SEND funding – Fair funding for these vital areas of education
- Funding in Wales – An end to the funding gap.
Sign our petition calling on the Government to stop the real terms cuts to education funding and to invest in our education system so that it is fair for all – without rejection for the majority at age 11.
School cuts website
The NUT ATL website www.schoolcuts.org.uk, established by the NUT and other unions, has been fully updated and now shows the real terms funding cuts facing each school using the Government's own school budget figures published in December. Check your school's position - then share the information on social media, email your MP and sign the petition.
School Funding Campaign Toolkit
Use the briefings and materials here to support and take forward the NUT’s campaign.
Now is the time to lobby
The Chancellor is due to deliver his Budget statement in the House of Commons on 8th March. We want every MP to be lobbied before then and hear why additional funding is needed for education. Click here to download the NUT’s lobbying guide.
The Government is also consulting on its reforms to school funding and a new National Funding Formula. The consultation deadline is 22nd March. Read the NUT's full reaction to Justine Greening's statement about the Government’s proposals.