Self help A-Z

What are self-help materials?

NUT Self-help materials are FAQs which address common employment issues affecting teachers and are entirely problem focused. They are not intended as a substitute for telephone or face-to-face advice, but are additional to the support provided by the NUT Adviceline, school/college reps, divisions and regional/Wales offices.

If you require more detailed advice, or are unable to find the answers you are looking for,
contact the NUT Adviceline (Telephone: 0203 006 6266); Email:

Members in Wales should call 029 2049 1818 or email

Policy and legislation may differ between England and Wales. Each self-help document is marked as intended for teachers in England or Wales or both. If a particular issue is covered, but not for either England or Wales, please contact the NUT AdviceLine or the Wales Office, as appropriate.

Settlement Agreements

Settlement Agreements

File attachments: